Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shuri Castle & Nearby Shrine

We got a little lost on the way to Shuri Castle.  We drove in circles for a while until I finally just needed to pull over and get out of the car.  I didn't care where at this point.

The next place I saw happened to be a large parking lot next to a beautiful shrine.  Even though my husband wasn't comfortable getting out there, I went ahead and stopped anyway.  He could wait in the car if he wanted.  I was going to walk around.

The gate structure was fascinating.  Although I'm certain many shrines use this architecture, I had never seen it before.  They even had the striking mechanism hooked up to ring the bell.  And I still wish I could read half of what the little scrolls and boards say that you can buy for worship.

As it turns out, this shrine was just down the hill from the castle.



Upon reaching the castle, we opted to walk around the grounds instead of going inside.  We had limited time and just wanted to enjoy being out in nature.

Other posts from visits to this site:



No comments:

Post a Comment