Monday, February 20, 2012

1940's Swing Dance

The III MEF Band recently formed its own big band.  They debuted by hosting their very own 1940's Swing Dance at the Camp Foster Community Theater.  One of my fellow band wives was nice enough to babysit O so that I could attend.


The night was filled with the sounds of the 40's.  Couples tried their dance moves out on the floor (a swing dance workshop was held an hour before the event for those interested in learning the footwork.), the band played all the top songs, and guest singers and dancers wowed the crowd.  The local high school even provided baked goods and drinks for participants to enjoy.

The band is hoping to make this an annual event to remember.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome event! I was stationed in Okinawa from 2007 to 2011 and loved hearing the band perform. I'm actually visiting Okinawa from 27 Aug to 2 Sep and am organizing a swing dance class and party while I'm there (I'm a part-time DJ and dance teacher from Seattle). Looks like there are a lot of people interested in swing dancing.

    ReplyDelete